Thursday, October 22, 2009

Request for Birth, Marriage or Death Certificate Online

I just found out recently the most convenient way to get the Birth, Marriage or Death Certificates in NSO. Simply go to this site and select which document you want to apply. I applied for Birth Certificate online and it costed me at around P315.00. After I have applied online, a request number will be generated. This will be your invoice number/order number, which you will present to the payment centers. I got mine and went to UnionBank, paid the fee and crossed my fingers. Payment centers are Mail & more outlets(not inside SM Buildings, you'll see why), online banking facilities using UnionBank and BDO, and over-the-counter payments in UnionBank and BDO(now you see why...).

To me, it's a steal, as I have computed how much would it cost me if I would go there:

From Paranaque - NSO Office: P50.00
Bottled Water: P15.00
Wait, I forgot my pen P15.00
Apply for Certificate Maybe around P150.00
Lunch Time! P80.00
C2: P24.00
From NSO Office and back: P50.00
Time: 1 hr = .25 ounces of Gold

The advantage i could only see is if you needed the document real bad, but then again, there is no assurance that you will have your certificate on that very same day.

They will deliver it through your doorstep around 6-10 working days after the date of payment. One of their most useful features is the request status. You won't have to call them to follow up the status of the document being applied. To see your document status, have your request number ready, and on their navigation page, go to Request >>> Request Status. Just make sure that you will provide the exact details when filling up the information, otherwise you just wasted 300 bucks on it.

Verify Request Status Link

Now, if SSS, BIR, NBI, Pag-IBIG, Philhealth and other government agencies have this kind of process... hmmm... when would that be...

No comments:

Post a Comment