Wednesday, October 28, 2009

facebook-like chat

Note: This is an old post. If you're looking for the updated version, you may go here:
http://bostsip.blogspot.com/2011/01/facebook-like-chat-part-2.html


I really wanted to have a facebook-like chat. Unfortunately, I couldn't find one so i made one. Not as fancy as the one in facebook, but this is as close as i could get, functionality-wise...

The problem is i haven't tested its performance on heavy traffic...

I didn't include the avatar feature cause i guess it is trivial once you get the user's id in the chat(to tell you the truth, i just got lazy =P).



here's the link to the demo:
http://bostsip.blogspot.com/2011/01/facebook-llike-chat-part-2.html

to download: http://bostsip.blogspot.com/2011/01/facebook-like-chat-part-2.html

let me know your thoughts...

enjoy!

17 comments:

  1. Great work dude..Great..
    Keep on update..more anf more

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we need a scroll bar encase the "whos online" list is longer than the div - though when i add a scroll bar to the div with overflow:auto - the div moves position which is very odd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why don't you try CometChat - http://www.cometchat.com
    It's really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, shoot me an email to torres.amin at gmail .com, would love to use this...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good try and well done ! I have sent you a mail and I need to chat with you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. can u mail me the shutterbox.zip .. the link is dead.. greatly appreciated.. thanks

    maazyx@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey there.. both links dead - would love to see what this looks like.
    has anyone seen something like this for rails??
    [ak12752@gmail.com]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wouldn't mind sending this in action. Would you please send me the shutterbox.zip to my email? quake101 [at] gmail [dot] com

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You could also try the free one out at http://starhostdesign.com/LC/Forum/

    ReplyDelete
  11. where is the author here??? both link are death...

    i need something like cometchat but free....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man. Why the link is dead? Please update... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the link is dead dude
    please mail me at darshandoshi_272@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. yes link is dead
    pls send me at kvermamanas@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The link is dead, could you send me the chat app to snettsblog@snetts.com

    ReplyDelete